Courtyard Concerts is Michigan non-profit organization. We have received our acceptance for Recognition of Exemption Under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. You can see our letter HERE.
This organization was the vision of a handful of people who believe in the power of music. The power of music to bring a community together. The power of music to provide a common ground. The power of music to provide joy. The power of music to heal. We seek to support northern Ottawa & southern Muskegon counties.
We have 5 main goals as an organization:
1) Provide 2 outdoor community concerts. These concerts will feature national acts for the enjoyment of our community at a reasonable price and will include food and beer/wine. These two concerts will be the main fundraisers for the organization and are expected to provide a net profit to support the other goals of the organization. We are only planning for 1 outdoor concert in 2015, 2016 & 2017.
2) Access to music. Provide grants and support for programs and initiatives that encourage exposure to the musical arts, e.g. music lessons for children and young adults, music and songwriting workshops, etc.
3) Liz’s Concerts. A music series that exposes children, ages 4 to 12 years old, to acoustic non-mainstream music in a safe, family-friendly environment. For more information about this series of concerts, click HERE.
4) Rapid Response Community Fund. A fund designed to quickly and easily provide emergency funds. Courtyard Concerts is designing a fund to respond to requests within 24-hours to support other local non-profits and emergency situations. Examples include emergency funding for housing or care for a family in need, fumigation of a home, or medical treatment.
5) Other community support. We have already provided over $2,000 in support to non-profit organizations in Muskegon & Spring Lake. Our tag line is concerts for the benefit of the community and that is what we will do!
We are excited about what our organization can do for the community and we hope you are, too! Courtyard Concerts. Do good. Have fun! Concerts for the benefit of the Community.
The Board of Directors
Michelle Hanks, President
Jessica Rea, Treasurer
Mike Cotterall, Director
Gary Hanks, Director
Doug Hughes, Director